Day Excursions from Villars
There is such a vast choice of exciting day trips / excursions to take when staying in Villars depending on how adventurous you are feeling. Here are a few ideas to whet your appetite.
- Jungfraujoch - the 'top' of Europe and Europe's highest altitude railway station
- Matterhorn - the most recognized mountain in the Swiss Alps
- Chamonix - one of the most famous mountain villages at the base of Mont Blanc with some excellent skiing opportunities including the famous Vallee Blanche and the Hoate Route. 1 hr 20 minutes drive from Villars.
- Verbier - ski Mont Fort and Tortin. Only 1 hrs drive away.
- Geneva - a small international metropolis with great shopping and sights on the lake.
- Glacier 3000 - year round skiing and only 50 minutes drive or ski away!
- Servion Zoo - open all year round.
- The Alpine Marecottes Zoo - see Chamonix, ibex, lynx, bears and eagles.
- Berne - the country's capital city with stunning medieval architecture.